What Is Youth Development
- Youth Development
- Activities and strategies that involve youths in decision making, use youths as resources to implement programs, and build youth assets and strengths that result in improved academic performance and lower-risk behaviors.
- Character Education
- Resources to build and develop character in youth; supports the core values of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
- Information about mentoring, including resource materials, articles, names of organizations and CDE contacts, and links to Web sites about mentoring.
- Selected articles and summaries and Web sites about research related to youth development, assets, resiliency, academic achievement, and lower-risk behaviors.
- Resources related to youth development, where to go to obtain materials and training, available funding, and links to national, state, and county levels.
- Selected training videos, PowerPoint presentations, and technical assistance for school staff using a youth development approach to improve academic achievement, lower risk behaviors, and foster resiliency.